Tuesday, April 27, 2010

You know what I love/"I can't keep doing this on my own... with these... people."


I love coffee in the morning. I love the routine of nabbing drip from even the most despised enterprises. Why? Because even at the point when i'm made aware of certain horrors, I simply (like everyone else) assimulate them and slowly but surely take my exposure (or lack thereof) for granted. Nab a starbucks or a tim hortons or manage to get out of my way to pick up fair trade. Of course, only when it's convienent. jesus, 4 years of social media training and all I think about is...

Nothing. I think of nothing but this. I look back on all of the films I've seen and the horrors they portrayed and how in some sick way they captured my imagination enough to leave me with a cold sobering impression that caring about coffee in the morning shouldn't matter. I should give my entire existence into simply cowering from the corporate zeal I've swept myself under and yield to undying and conquering fear and pessimism.

I think most of the time, people are in between decisions. If they really consider their options their usually left with left or right. Choose this and it'll be more rewarding and choose this and you won't have to worry about it. But simply as yourself how do you make a difference? Well. You're making one all of the time and continuously interacting with others could perhaps save their lives compeltely. Your butterfly wings could be the reason I continue to wake up in the morning. yet it's all random.

What I'm getting at is choice, and whether everyone is capable of making a concrete effort to acknowledge something and change it.

that coffee smells delicious. can I tell you about my favourite recipe?

What do you believe in?

1 comment: